THINKING OF LISTING YOUR HOME THIS SPRING?
Get a jump start with this Check List
Spring is one of the most popular times to list your home for sale. It is a time for fresh beginnings and renewal. Looking for a new home is a great way to kick-start a fresh beginning.
You may ask yourself – “Where do I start?”
To follow are some ideas to consider.
- Spring Cleaning.
Clean – windows, ceiling fans, baseboards, have your furnace and air conditioner serviced. Peek behind appliances and clean there too.
- Downsize and reduce.
Go through your closets, basements and attic and reduce the amount of things you have. Donate, sell. You will feel great about getting rid of unwanted items, plus you will have less items to move. Then, do it again.
- Decide on where you want to go.
You list your house and get an offer.
Great! Now what?
Having a plan of next steps will help you in your decision of what to do next. It will bring you focus and clarity on where you want to live and where your next home will be.
- You may want to invest in a pre-listing inspection.
By having an inspection done, you are aware of items that may need repair. I can tell you that most sales transactions are cancelled due to items that pop up during the Buyer’s inspection. Get a head start on this repair process so that you can address any maintenance issues now.
- Start packing.
Wait – I don’t even know where and when I will be moving! That is correct, but by packing now, you can have your home ready to go when spring arrives. Start by packing holiday decorations, winter accessories.
- Snow is melted so you can highlight the terrific outdoor features of your home.
– Do you have a balcony? Invest in some new outdoor furniture or cushions.
– Have a fire pit? That is a fabulous feature – clean it out and stack some fresh wood in it.
– Do some light landscaping – clear away leaves and twigs, prune shrubs.-Bring fresh flowers inside with bright bouquets.
- Start attending Open Houses in your neighborhood to see what your competition is. Homes sell quickly now, so if you see near-by Open House advertised – make plans to attend it.
Thinking of listing your home? Please contact me to help you with the Selling process. I have over 13 years of real estate experience and most of that experience has been spent working in older neighborhoods like yours. Do contact me today!