I get this question a lot: “Is winter a bad time to list my house?”
Winter is a great time to list your house – for many reasons.
1. Houses are still being listed daily – we still have a HOT market in central Ohio.
2. This New Year’s Resolution is popular – “This is THE year I buy my home.” Let yours be one of the resolution solvers.
3. Buyers who want to purchase their home will learn about their potential tax refund early. They want that refund for their down payment. See point 2 above.
4. By listing in the winter, you beat the spring rush. Stand out in the crowd and don’t get lost in the crop of houses that pop up in mid-March or early April.
5. By listing in the winter, you can look for your new place early in the year.
6. You can feature the cozy features of your home in the winter. Do you have a fireplace? Well, let that be a key feature of your home!
Have a garage? That is a fabulous feature – highlight that you can keep your car out of the snow/rain/cold.
Do you have an area that would look great with candles? Perfect – let’s show it off! Large dining room to accommodate a lot of people for holiday gatherings? Buyers need to know about it.
7. Buyers tend to be more motivated in the winter – whether it is due to a job transfer, to be closer to friends/family.
Thinking of listing your home? Please contact me to help you with the Selling process. I have over 12 years of real estate experience and most of that experience has been spent working in older neighborhoods. Do contact me today.